Types of cannabis plants
There are 3 basic cannabis plant types – all are from the “cannabis sativa” plant
• Cannabis indica
• Cannabis sativa
• Cannabis ruderalis
Types of Cannabis plants evolution
• The older generation and usually not modified plants of Cannabis sativa used to contain a healthy ratio of CBD and THC.
• In the current times plants are genetically modified to produce increased THC potency, at the same time as the amount of CBD
• Science points to that CBD may help regulate some of the psychoactive side effects of THC.
• There are hundreds of compounds in the cannabis plant itself, all stemming from THCA.
• We have an ‘endocannabinoid receptor system’ – this is how we are able to feel the euphoric high.
• However, keep in mind there are limited receptors in the brain and they can be fried (temporarily).